I’m a huge romantic, which you might think means I spend a lot of time daydreaming about love, marriage, and babies. This is true, but even more than that it means I have an intentional relationship in which we always focus on and talk about and the health and growth of our relationship. That’s why I created this relationship building activity. It’s important to communicate about your relationship all of the time, but it’s also important to set aside specific times to check in with each other about your relationship.
Now is the perfect time to reflect on your relationship and focus on how you want it to grow over the next year. Get excited to cozy up with your partner and do this activity!
How to play:
I recommend doing this activity fishbowl style for extra fun points. Print the questions, then cut them out and throw them into a bowl/box/chamber pot. Then, take turns pulling them out and asking them to each other. This takes some of the pressure off, because you will switch who answers each question first. Once the first person answers, the second person should give their answer as well.
Relationship building activity questions:
- What is your favorite memory of us from the last year?
- What are some ways that you felt loved by me in the last year?
- What’s a goal I can help support you with this year? How can I support it?
- What new thing did you learn about me in the last year?
- Are there any ways we can increase intimacy (emotional and physical) this year?
- What was your favorite routine activity we did last year?
- How do you feel about how frequently we spent time together last year?
- Is there anything you would like to change about how we spend our time together this year?
- Is there anything you want to do more of together this year?
- What’s a bigger date you would like to go on this year?
- In what ways do you think we grew together last year?
- How would you like to grow as a couple this year?
- How do you feel about how often we had sex last year?
- What’s something new or different you would like to do in the bedroom this year?
- What was our biggest challenge as a couple last year?
- What was our biggest success as a couple last year?
- How can we improve communication this year?
- How can I show you love this year?
Enter your email address below to receive a FREE download of this couples activity
Join my free email list to immediately download the activity. No strings attached!
I recently sat my long-suffering boyfriend down to do this “game” because he loves me enough to willingly agree to these kinds of relationship-building activities. It was such a sweet, intimate time of reflecting on where we thrived, where we struggled, and what we want our future to look like. It also allowed us to talk about things we hadn’t brought up before or hadn’t thought to consider before. There is no better feeling than having a heart-to-heart with your person!
If you’re as sappy and into relationship-building activities as I am, download the questions and have fun! I hope this game blesses your relationship 🙂
This Post Has 2 Comments
I love this! What a great way to connect and make sure we’re really seeing each other in a relationship. I’m going to give it a try next date night! ✨💜✨
Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it!