Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog.
That feels crazy to say because I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for literal years. I’m so excited to put myself out there and connect with people by sharing my own life.
I titled this blog “Simply Liz Lemonade” because there are 2 things that I’m all about:
- Living simply – I’m a big believer that life should be lived in the easiest and most enjoyable ways possible. I never want to waste time, energy, or money on things that don’t bring joy!
- Making Lemonade out of Lemons – Life can be hard. But I’m working on always trying to see the good in things and make the most of it.
*Also, I really wanted to call this blog Simply Liz or Liz Lemonade, but both were already taken, so I compromised and named it both. See? Making life out of lemons.
Since I am all about keeping it simple…the rest of this post can also be seen on my “About Me” page (told you I don’t waste energy)!
- I’m a 20-something living in Philadelphia (go Eagles! I hear)
- I’ve lived in Pennsylvania, England, California, New Jersey, Georgia, and went to college in North Carolina at the beautiful Elon University.
- I’m a twin! I have a twin brother which that means that no, we are not identical. (I have bigger boobs)
- I’m lactose intolerant, and extremely gluten tolerant (I. Love. Bread)
- My favorite activities are going on very light strolls that I call workouts, doing puzzles, watching Netflix, and crying at pregnancy reveals on YouTube.
- I’m over a year into my only serious relationship and have learned a lot from it; mostly that I will never be the one who decides where we go for dinner.
- Kristen Bell is my spirit person, especially in this interview where she says: “First thing you should know about me; if I’m not between a 3 and a 7 on the emotional scale, I’m crying. I’m crying if I’m too upset, I’m crying if I’m too excited.” I’m just trying to live a life where I have more happy tears than sad ones 🙂
What to expect from my blog:
- Posts about simplicity: Life is short! I try to spend as little of it as possible doing things that don’t bring me joy or make life easier.
- Mental Health Content: I struggle with anxiety, and I’m very passionate about mental health awareness. I’ve been on a long journey that I hope will help others as I share it.
- Advice on saving money: Nothing makes me happier than saving even the smallest amount. I have a LOT of tips on how to save and am so excited to share them!
- No judgement: This blog is a judgement-free zone! Everyone should live their life how they want to. I’ll share my life, and I’ll be just as excited to hear how you live your life differently.
- Honesty: So much of life is glossed over in social media. I want this blog to be a place where I’m honest about the good, bad, and ugly in my life.
- Jokes. I cannot promise they will be good, but they will be present in abundance.
It’s great to meet you. I’m so excited to get started!