In a meeting last week, I was asked to share a fun fact about myself. Naturally, I instantly blanked and couldn’t remember anything romotely unique or interesting about me.
It’s not easy to brainstorm an on-the-spot fact that makes you seem just the right amount of cool and alluring. Today I’ve compiled a list of ideas to help you come up with fun facts about yourself.
Here’s a list of ideas to help you brainstorm fun facts about yourself:
- Something you’ve won: Have you won anything cool in your lifetime? Or even something semi-cool like a lifetime supply of m&ms? (That would very very cool, actually).
- Places you’ve been: Have you traveled around the world in 80 days or visited every province in Canada?
- Places you’ve lived: How many places have you lived in? How many times have you moved?
- Languages you speak: This is always a best-seller. But just be prepared to be asked to speak a sentence in this language on the spot.
- Hobbies: Do you collect coins? Play ski-ball 5 nights a week? Bird watch?
- Unique abilities: Are you able to identify any dog breed on sight? Can you juggle soup cans?
- Knowledge you store: Can you name the states in reverse-alphabetical order? Do you know the names of every episode of Friends?
- Interesting family facts: Did your grandfather author the Bernstein bears books? Was your father the inventor of the toaster strudel? Use your relatives’ accomplishments to sell yourself.
- Dream job: I wouldn’t recommend sharing this fact at work, but if you could do any job regardless of location and money, what would you do?
- Celebrity interactions: Have you met any celebrities? How did it go?
- Uncommon medical differences: Don’t get too weird/gross, but do your feet bend the other way or you were a conjoined twin at birth?
- Pets: Fun fact exchanges are always a good time to brag about your pets. Actually, any time is a good time to brag about your pets.
- Things you haven’t done: Is there a standard human experience you’ve never experienced? Like eating at Olive Garden or flying on a plane?
- Unique memories: My go-to fun fact is that I bought my first legal drink at a Chuck E. Cheese. What funny or unique memories do you have?
- Awards you’ve earned: Now’s the time to brag about being the 8th grade national spelling bee champion. You can only bring that up in natural conversation so many times.
- Bucket list items: Are you planning to visit every hockey stadium, or training to climb Mount Everest? Just because you haven’t done it yet doesn’t mean you can’t share it.
- TV appearances: Have you been on Family Feud? Did you appear as an extra on Gilmore Girls?
- Sports: Are you a season ticket holder to any sports? Were you in attendance at any noteworthy sports games?
- Addictions: Not going too dark here, but do you drink 5 Diet Cokes a day? (Please see a doctor). Do you never leave the house without m&ms? (That’s me).
- Siblings: Are you a twin (that’s me, too!)? Do you have 9 siblings?
- Namesake: Were you named after anyone cool or interesting?
There you have it – I hope these ideas get your brain spinning and spitting out some fun facts! If you have any other good suggestions let me know in the comments!